Sunday, October 3, 2010

Okay, My Dog MIGHT be Retarded

I take my dog on a walk twice every day.  Once in the morning, and once in the evening.  Tyler usually goes with me in the evening.  One evening, a few days ago, it became clear to me that my dog may in fact be retarded.

The walk went something like this...











And I kid you not, Sophie the dog proceeded to approach and sniff at this horse statue that was exactly the same size as her as if it were another dog.  Even sniffed at the statue in the butt region, between the horse statue's two back legs.

My dog's inability to recognize another LIVING CREATURE may be the most telling sign that her intelligence is indeed waning in her later years....

Seriously, this is so stupid, I couldn't make it up.  Really happened.  Tyler and I thought it was HILARIOUS.

3 comments:

  1. Just sniffing, right? Well, I guess you could ask the other 'dog's' owners to have a playdate one day. Cheap party since only Sohpie will be eating dog food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the first Sophie picture - looks just like her! Anonymous Mom

    ReplyDelete