Tuesday, October 12, 2010

I am Bad at Sports - Kickball Edition

As I was saying yesterday, I am bad at bowling.... but that is only the tip of the iceberg.  Bowling is just the most recent thing in a long line of things I am really bad at.  I have a long, sad, and depressing history of sucking face at just about every physical activity I have ever pursued or attempted.

It all started when I was kid.  The neighborhood kids would play kickball outside, in the streets of the cul-de-sac where we lived.  I liked kick ball...probably because it was baseball without the small hard ball and the bat.  I liked being on the infield....but whenever it was my turn to kick the ball and run the bases, it went something like this....



And playing in the outfield went no better.   I was never a basemen, because I sucked too bad....so I was an outfielder, which is the most boring position ever.  When I was an outfielder it went something like this....




I couldn't help it.  Outfielder is BORING!!!! So I'd stand attentively......and then not so attentively....and then I would pay no attention whatsoever.  Might as well have been asleep.  Then the ball would skim past me, and the other team would get all their bases back home and my team would lose.

Needless to say, I was not popular when we decided to play kickball.....

Or any sport, really.  I might expand on my bad sportliness in the future....but for now, that is all. =)

3 comments:

  1. He he. I always liked playing four square, until older brother decided he's had enough of the neighbor being a jerkface and taking his ball with him to go home, thus ending the game.

    Also...how did you color in your people to have the grainy quality like that??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi I found your blog through 20sb. I like your blog so cute with the doodles and all. :)

    I'm bad at sports as well, can't save my life it depended on sports. . . hahaha! =D

    -Mia
    http://miafied.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am also awful kick-baller. I could barely ever manage to kick the ball...

    But mostly I remember that we didn't have bases. We had big red mats and our teacher called it "Matball" and more than one person could be on a base.

    Don't like the shmancy pattern you filled with. (Though that's totally what a kickball looks like)

    ReplyDelete